What do volunteers do? …EVERYTHING!
"FUN"d Raising: Volunteers who take part in our various fundraising events create a framework of magic through planning, organizing & implementing successful fund-raising events.
- Volunteers may work on event committees, take on leadership roles, or help out on event day.
- Whatever the role, you determine your own level of involvement, allowing for great flexibility.
- Best suits volunteers who are detail oriented, have creative determination, a passion for people, & a commitment to getting the job done.
Provide Office Support: Periodically, we are in need of volunteers that are able to assist with administrative tasks and special projects. Interested individuals would need to attend an Office Volunteer training (scheduled as needed). You must be at least 18 years old.
Speaker's Bureau: Share the magic of the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Increase awareness of the Make-A-Wish Foundation® and our Volunteer and Fundraising Programs by speaking from your own personal experience at local schools, chamber meetings, and interest groups. We provide the information--you provide the passion. Prior Make-A-Wish® volunteer experience required.
- After attending our Speakers Bureau training you will be given the opportunity to help us fulfill many of the speaking engagement requests we receive.
- Best suits volunteers with flexible schedules and public speaking experience.
Assist with Events: Our Chapter is involved in a variety of community events throughout the year that raise money to support wishes. Events include golf tournaments, fashion show, walks, and much more! By becoming an official volunteer you be added to our Volunteer Distribution List and you'll get the flexibility to select which events are of interest to you. You must be at least 18 years old.
Translators & Bilingual Volunteers: Bilingual individuals are always welcome additions to our volunteer base. Spanish-speaking volunteers can be especially helpful. Interested individuals would work directly with the Wish Children & their families as Wish Granters or to assist others, strictly as a translator with Spanish speaking families, your assistance would be greatly appreciated! Must complete Wish Granter training to be considered for this position.
Wish Granting: Volunteers work directly with wish children & their families. Their mission is to assist the office & to make the dreams of our wish children come true through creativity & imagination.
- Working in teams of two, Wish Granters meet with a Wish Child to discover, plan & fulfill a wish.
- Using resources wisely, they seek donated goods & services, whenever possible.
- Wish Granters commit their time to make each wish as unique as each child, and to creating a lasting, memorable experience for the Wish Child and his or her family.
- This position requires excellent people skills, sensitivity, dependability and flexibility.
- Best suits volunteers with creative energy, entrepreneurial enthusiasm & the ability to give freely of their time.
- Wish Granters must participate in a pre-training interview and attend a Wish Granter Training.